– depression and post traumatic stress disorder in war-torn northern Uganda and the lessons to be drawn from a research project there;
– the unexpected additional value of using malaria drugs at regular intervals among school children in Kenya;
– the key role of sanitation in preventing infant deaths all over the world and what is being done to improve it;
– the life and work of the nurse who inspired Band Aid and Live Aid, as she receives an honorary doctorate;
– the “marketing” of health to the British public, as illustrated by the way attitudes to smoking have changed over the years.