The main message from Karim Fizazi MD PhD is that you should not let the lack of a threatening Gleason grade at initial diagnosis deter you from using abiraterone therapy much later on: there appears to be no relationship at all between initial tumor grade and subsequent response to abiraterone.
You may also like...
Cetuximab Extends Survival In Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer 16 Mar, 2008 Early Breast Cancer Chemotherapy: Long Term Findings 8 Jan, 2008 Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate Cancer 16 May, 2018 Combined regimen brings new hope for patients with highly resistant metastatic colorectal cancer 28 Feb, 2014
- Previous story Biomarkers individualise cancer therapy
- Next story Responses to enzalutamide after prior abiraterone therapy in men with castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014
- MMR vaccine’s non-specific effects: adherence to recommended vaccination schedules protects children against non-vaccination-specific infections tooFebruary 28, 2014