The main message from Karim Fizazi MD PhD is that you should not let the lack of a threatening Gleason grade at initial diagnosis deter you from using abiraterone therapy much later on: there appears to be no relationship at all between initial tumor grade and subsequent response to abiraterone.
You may also like...
First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIV 8 Mar, 2014 MMR vaccine’s non-specific effects: adherence to recommended vaccination schedules protects children against non-vaccination-specific infections too 28 Feb, 2014 Meta-analysis finds dietary fibre protective against heart disease 24 Jan, 2014 Biomarkers individualise cancer therapy 6 Feb, 2014
- Previous story Biomarkers individualise cancer therapy
- Next story Responses to enzalutamide after prior abiraterone therapy in men with castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014
- MMR vaccine’s non-specific effects: adherence to recommended vaccination schedules protects children against non-vaccination-specific infections tooFebruary 28, 2014