11th Annual Palm Beach Cancer Symposium (April 3-4, 2009 Hollywood, Florida)—Peter Goodwin interviews Kathy Albain, Professor of Medicine at Loyola University, Chicago, on her return from the 2009 St Gallen consensus meeting which formulated updated recommendations about adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. The 21 gene recurrence score and the 70-gene profiling assay have now been endorsed by this Swiss meeting as significant contributors to the decision making process on cytotoxic chemotherapy for patients with estrogen receptor positive disease, including both node negative and node positive early breast cancer.[audio:https://www.audiomedica.com/podcasting/otbn/090414KathyAlbainFLORIDA.mp3]
You may also like...
Geriatric Assessment Improved Outcomes for Older Patients with Cancer 11 Jul, 2018 Orteronel shows no survival advantage in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: phase III randomized study finds 6 Feb, 2014 Rituximab Maintenance Cuts Follicular Lymphoma Recurrence Risk In Half — Phase III PRIMA Study Results 28 Jun, 2010 Aromatase Inhibitor Better than Tamoxifen for Initial Adjuvant Therapy for HR- Positive Breast Cancer, But Compliance an Issue! 6 Oct, 2009
- Previous story Oropharyngeal Carcinoma: Better Outlook From Human Papilloma Virus-Directed Therapies— Different Patient Characteristics, New Therapeutic Opportunities
- Next story The Smartest Oncologist In The World?
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014
- MMR vaccine’s non-specific effects: adherence to recommended vaccination schedules protects children against non-vaccination-specific infections tooFebruary 28, 2014