BANGKOK AND PHNOM PENH—Protecting the planet from infections such as influenza is the mission of a dedicated team of scientists working for the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine working in Cambodia, Thailand and Indonesia. Dr James Rudge and his colleagues are surveying human behaviour and the complex interactions between humans and farm animals — especially pigs and chickens — to probe the mechanisms of disease spread.
You may also like...
- Previous story Investigating drug resistant malaria in Cambodia
- Next story Influenza: Preparing for the Next Pandemic
- COVID-19 Co-Morbidity Risks Quantified from Three Continents SurveyMay 28, 2020
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014