RIO DE JANEIRO and LONDON—A call for action on global health has been made in an article published by The Lancet medical journal about the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development held in Rio de Janeiro. Issues which degrade the planet also degrade human health, according to Professor Sir Andy Haines, OBE, of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. He talks about the positive actions to be made to help both the planet and public health.
You may also like...
- Previous story Malaria and STIs/RTIs Among Pregnant Women in sub-Saharan Africa
- Next story Investigating drug resistant malaria in Cambodia
- COVID-19 Co-Morbidity Risks Quantified from Three Continents SurveyMay 28, 2020
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014