Full dose anti malarial medicines are being given to all children under five in regions where malaria is very prevalent at specific times of the year. Professor Sir Brian Greenwood of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine explains how such seasonal prevention could bring freedom from malaria for local people just as visitors are protected — by prophylactic drugs.
You may also like...
- Previous story World Malaria Day 2012: Call for More Nets, New Insecticides
- Next story World Malaria Day 2012: Social Solutions Bring Malaria Under Control
- COVID-19 Co-Morbidity Risks Quantified from Three Continents SurveyMay 28, 2020
- Ultrahypofractionated Radiation Just As Effective for Prostate CancerMay 16, 2018
- First evidence that genome editing made patients with AIDS more resistant to HIVMarch 8, 2014
- Anticoagulation with warfarin can be beneficial in patients with atrial fibrillation and chronic kidney disease.March 7, 2014
- Prostate cancer: Adult exposure to bisphenol-A linked to prostate cancer riskMarch 6, 2014